A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away… well actually, in our very own galaxy, The Walt Disney Company announced that it would renovate its theme parks to introduce a resort experience themed on the infamous Star Wars saga. The experience, titled “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge,” officially kicks off this summer at Disneyland in Anaheim, and Disneyworld Orlando. If you happen to like Star Wars, chances are that you and millions of other like-minded vacationers will make a beeline for either one of these resorts to immerse yourself in Disney’s newest attractions. The good news is you’ll probably have the time of your life. The bad news though is you’ll have to put up with insane crowds at the parks.
Here are a few tips on how to escape the stress of trying to have fun at jam-packed theme parks:
- Be an Early Bird – It’s an inevitable fact that the park is going to be teeming with tourists, and the more people swarm there, the longer the lines will be for everything. Showing up early allows you to enjoy the rides with less of a wait, and it puts you ahead of the peak foot-traffic.
- Plan Ahead – Theme parks are the last place you should ever attend spontaneously. Long before you ever even purchase your ticket, visit the park’s website and check the layout of the place. Figure out things like where you’ll eat, what the average wait times are for rides and so on.
- Cut Costs – Unless you’re absolutely rolling in it, it’s best to try and bootstrap some of the expenses you’re likely to incur at the park. For example, carry some bottled water and snacks from home, or make reservations at more affordable adjacent restaurants instead of eating at the park.
- Keep an Open Mind – Even though you try to prepare for the trip thoroughly, chances are you might encounter some unexpected situations that change your plans completely. Instead of getting frustrated, go with the flow and adapt. Remember that your primary goal is to have some fun.
- Wear the Right Clothes – Being overdressed or underdressed for your trip can throw a wet towel on the entire experience. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes that you can walk in for long periods of time, and put on a comfortable outfit as well. Also, check the weather beforehand to ensure you won’t be too hot or too cold in your outfit.
At the end of the day, just be sure to make the most of your time at theme parks. Have fun with your friends and family, allow your imagination to run free and make some good memories in the process. Even if everything doesn’t fall into place as planned, it’s still possible to have a great experience. For more information, visit any of our offices or give us a call at 1-800-639-7654 to find out how Adriana’s Insurance Services can help you be well and stay safe. We got you covered!