Did you know that with the right renters insurance policy, you’ll never have to worry about accidents or damaged property in your apartment? Renters insurance is a versatile type of property insurance. Not only does it provide coverage for personal possessions, it also protects renters from liability in the event that a bad situation happens. The more liability coverage and additional floaters you sign up for with renters insurance, the more security you have against covered damages.
Renters Insurance is a Necessity:
Insurance Expert Nicky Ludean explains that, “Renters insurance is something that many tenants blindly go without, and only in hindsight realize how important it is. While many landlords ask for tenants to have some form of protection, it’s not illegal to go without it. Even if it’s not a requirement for your lease, don’t think saving a few bucks a month will be worth it — as there are so many reasons why you need a good renters insurance policy.” Here are a few serious problems that renters insurance can shield you from:
1. Fires: If there’s one reason people should have renter’s insurance, it’s because of fires. Negligent fires can destroy entire buildings. Leaving helpless renters on the hook for damages.
2. Electrical Surges: Power surges can accidentally destroy precious electronic devices like TVs and computers. A good renter’s insurance policy can help you replace such devices.
3. Explosions: Nobody ever expects explosions to happen. But they’re very common with amenities like water-heaters, kitchen stoves and so on. Renter’s insurance can give you peace of mind when appliances like these explode.
4. Extreme Weather Events: Natural disasters like earthquakes or floods usually require their own designated coverage. But renter’s insurance can still protect renters from destructive events like hail storms or unexpected heavy winds.
5. Vandalism: Sometimes property damage can happen at the hands of other people. Whether deliberately or by mistake. Renter’s insurance can reimburse you for acts of vandalism that happen on the property you’re renting.
Not only is renters insurance a good precaution against calamities, it’s also affordable. Even if your financial situation doesn’t allow much flexibility, the right insurer can offer perks like payment-plans, and special discounts, to make it easier for you to obtain coverage. There’s simply no need to make the mistake of waiting until it’s too late to buy renters insurance. For more information, visit our website or give us a call at 1-800-639-7654 to find out how Adriana’s Insurance Services can help you stay safe. We got you covered!